Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Books for February

Finished the 3 books for January, and thought all of them were great picks. Definitely would recommend Crazy Love. I actually want to read it again soon! It had so many great thoughts and it was hard to absorb them all. Here are the books for February, just in time to get ready for March!

A friend of mine has been encouraging me to read these for awhile now and I finally have given in. I have already read the 1st one when we were snowed in for a couple of days and LOVED it. It was a quick read geared towards teens about a group at teens in the future that are forced to fight to the death on live TV to remind society of the power of the "Capital" . I know it sounds kind of demented, but it's was good. I read this during "Winter Storm 20010".


I got this book from the library and am almost through it. The funny thing is that the author is actually one of the guest speakers on one of our Ethiopian training videos and I wasn't even aware of it before I began it. I will def be buying this one for my library. SO much great information, hard to keep it all in!

I've always wanted to read "Mere Christianity" by C.S. Lewis and I figure there is no time like the present!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Yeah for reading!! The Hunger Games are on my short list to read and I am definitely interested in Crazy Love! Why havne't we seen you at book club with all these books you're reading?? :)