Tuesday, July 27, 2010

A little time away was just what I needed.

So I have been away for awhile, but I have a really great excuse this time!

A couple of weeks ago, I was really having a tough time.  Work had been crazy  busy.  We were still waiting for our bedding so we can start our nursery (grrrr).  My to do list is not getting any shorter .With Brian being a youth minister, that puts him gone about 30 days during the summer, and I was missing him.  And not to mention the thought of Tate  not being here.  Needless to say, I was feeling anxious, overwhelmed, tired, and sad.

So we decided that it would be worth it to sacrifice some of the days I have been saving to go on the Sr. High mission trip with the youth.
I am so glad that I did.

We took about 45 people to an intercity church in St. Louis Missouri to put on a VBS, a basketball camp, and just serve the church and community. We cleaned, sweated, laughed, worshiped, cried, made new friends, and were blessed beyond belief.   It was so wonderful!  God was everywhere!  Here are a few pictures from the week.
 


It was so great to build new relationships and love on the kids of St. Louis. 
It was also so great to spend time with the youth group and just have fun!

So I am back!  Refreshed and ready to go!



3 comments:

Sherri said...

This is awesome. I'm really glad you were able to take the time to do this.

I love the picture of the canoe half in the water! :)

Becky said...

That is awesome that you got to go. I wanted to go on the Jr. High trip, but didn't have any time off. I'm gonna save some up so I can be sure to go next year though!!!
We are very thankful for you and Brian. You are true blessing to us and our entire church family. We love you!

Rebecca said...

I'm laughing at the canoe sinking picture :) Looks like you guys had fun. Glad you are refreshed!! Sometimes it just takes a few days away - a change in routine. Now, you can focus on getting ready for Tate!