Friday, November 20, 2009

A few things I learned tonight...

So my four nieces spent the night tonight, and I thought I would share a few things that I have learned.

1. The quiet game is really just an invitation to yell at the top of your lungs for 5 minutes straight.

2. When sitting down with 4 kids under the age of 10 to eat dinner, there is a good chance that you will only eat half a piece of pizza, but still manage to have pizza sauce all over you.


3. 4 and 2 year olds are scared to death of life-size Santa's that sing and dance. (But their 10 and 8 year old sisters think it is funny.)

4. Spending $15.00 on tokens will win you 236 tickets that will buy 1 corn popper, 2 plastic rings and 1 rubber ring. (Which BTW takes 25 minutes to pick those 4 prizes out.)
5.A cartoon figure of Sammy Davis Jr can be mistaken for President Obama by a 10 year old girl.

6. There is nothing sweeter in the world than to hear a little girl say, "I love my Shannon". Precious!

7. You shouldn't laugh at a 2 year old when she keeps yelling at the top of her lungs at a restaurant. No matter how cute her yelling face is. It just encourages her.

8. 8 year old girls don't get sarcasm when you ask them to "please move over for your sister", they say "I don't want to",
you say "Thank you",
and they say "You are welcome".

9. It is really hard to take a good picture of 4 kids at one time.

10. It is never to early to open a few gifts under a Christmas tree!































1 comment:

Becky said...

How fun! I wanna come to your next girls night! It sounds like a blast.