Tuesday, November 24, 2009

There is no place like HOME!

One of my favorite things about Thanksgiving and Christmas is the time that we get to spend with our families. Even though we only live about 30 minutes away, we always make it a point to come home to Shawnee for a couple of days.

Isn't it funny that after 6 years of marriage, 1 apartment and 2 houses of our own, I still think of my parents house as home. Brian feels the same way. It is sort of like a mini vacation. You can just relax. It doesn't hurt that we are majorly babied! I mean, my mom cooks our fav foods and does some of my ironing! I know! I am tempted just to move in!

And there is just something about being back in my parents house that totally makes me regress. There was a time about a year ago that we stayed with my parents while we were waiting to move into our new house. I am a little embarrassed even to admit this, but the first night we stayed, I managed to leave the oven onall night, forgot to lock the door, left 2 cabinet doors open in the kitchen and left my cup in the living room without a coaster. The next night, my mom left me post-its all over the house for reminders!

Tonight, when I walked into the room where we stay, I found a collection of things that my parents have started to buy to stock up for the baby! It is so exciting to see how excited our family is for baby Plumb!



Hopefully this time next year, we will have a little one to enjoy the holiday with!

No comments: